• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Feel So Clean!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I just got another 7800GT from the Classies. I just did a complete reformat and reinstall of XP Pro as well. Oh what a feeling!!! It is so nice to be clean!! If you are dirty try going clean, I am booting in less than 30 seconds even though I have only installed the chipset, video and X-Fi drivers along with SP2. No tweaking yet. Although I have done a LOT of defragging with Diskeeper.

My previous XP install was starting to fill up my 2X36gb Raptor Raid0 config. Now I am good for a few more months, or until I get the 3rd Raptor for Raid5.

orion25 said:
I just got another 7800GT from the Classies. I just did a complete reformat and reinstall of XP Pro as well. Oh what a feeling!!! It is so nice to be clean!! If you are dirty try going clean, I am booting in less than 30 seconds even though I have only installed the chipset, video and X-Fi drivers along with SP2. No tweaking yet. Although I have done a LOT of defragging with Diskeeper.

My previous XP install was starting to fill up my 2X36gb Raptor Raid0 config. Now I am good for a few more months, or until I get the 3rd Raptor for Raid5.

Thus is why when I was running Windows (I havent used Windows in about 6 months) I would do a fresh format every 6 months or so to keep things running clean and smoothly

I do a reformat and reinstall every 6 months or so. You cannot beat the feeling that a new install of XP gives you (or at least you cannot beat the geek feeling, other feelings leave much to be desired!!!!!!!!!!!!!) This drink is to all those reinstalling this weekend/Week!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you image your hd this time around so next time you wanna format you wont need to reinstall crap. :)

i just did a format today as well :D lol after i installed my ram that i got back from rma :D feels good i must say

Just did a reinstall myself after about 5 or 6 months. Must say it honestly is not running any better, though it really was not running slow before. I kept Windows pretty maintained while it was installed so that may be the reason.

i ust to do a fresh format about every 3 months... but i usually let it go about 6 to 8 nowadays because the "performance" increase after 6 months is quite amazing... its bad that we have to do this cus i kno linux could run for a yr straight and not feel n e slower.

orion25 said:

Why do RAID5, do a RAID0 with 3 Raptors and you will be set :thup:

same, i formatted about 1 week ago, i format about each months or two

i use a nlited version of windows; win dont ask me any question during install, and install really fast with all tweaks areally done (services and registry) i also integrated all softwares/drivers i need, and when a new driver is availible, i dont worry, i just edit my CD, its on a RW

I created an nLite version of my XP Pro with SP2 and all the latest updates from last month I will do another one in another 2 months. But it has all my drivers on it etc it feels great when you activate XP and knowing that it's clean and you can install all the stuff you need.

And also knowing that all the stuff you have removed in the past won't have left any junk behind. Plus it's faster and you notice you have more space even with the programs you regularly install.

Back