• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any way to display large folder size properties in MB instead of GB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
When I right click on multiple folders > Properties > I get the size displayed in GB.

Are there any registry tweaks to have it displayed in MB instead.

Or really, preferably to ADD MB size display to the standard size display. (Standard folder size display depends on folder size.)

Using the dirsize.dll plugin from MVP Mark Dormer, you can add the Folder Size column for folders in Detail View. This plugin calculates the folder size and displays it in a column. Download Dirsize.dll plugin and place the file in the systemroot%\System32 folder, then just register the DLL using the regsvr32 command from the Run box...

regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\Dirsize.dll

Next open a folder and set it to Detail view | "View" menu --> Choose Details | Put a checkmark next to Folder Size, and click OK | Use CTRL and + key combination to resize the column width, so that the Folder Size column is displayed correctly. To apply this setting for all the folders, click Tools --> Folder Options | "View" tab --> click Apply to all folders. To remove the feature, un-register the DLL...

regsvr32 /u %Systemroot%\System32\Dirsize.dll

... and just ignore error messages if any. You can download the module from here... http://markd.mvps.org/home.asp

That's nice and thank you.

Here's why I need it and why it may not help in my specific case, however:

Lets say I'd like to burn 50% of the folders of one directory containing dozens of folders. I set the view to icons, I move them around and group the ones I need.

I then select the ones I need > and thus right click on all of them > Properties > to quickly see if they'll fit on a DVD disc. I then get a GB size which I then have to struggle to convert to MB...

:eek:
Brilliant!

<_<

>_>

<_<

No wait... it is hard. :) Some of us need to get the calculator going... then punch in the numbers... thanks for the suggestion though ;)

Back