• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your Vista 64bit running "ok"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infini

Just thought to start another thread on Vista 64bit.

1. How do you find it runs?
- Graphics Drivers
- Sound Drivers

2. Software
- Games
- Productive (word etc.)
- Pro. Apps. (ADobe etc.)

For me I dont load it allot cause it's so slow. I do not think the Nvidia beta drivers are very good "yet" and I can't get my Audigy to really work at all.

So I load it about once a week to see if there are new drivers and such.

I really havent tried to install anything other than WLM, and that is buggy in Vista 64bit. I cant get a driver for my wi-fi nic so I gotta haul a long rj45 across my livingroom. I dont use the sidebar, it is a memory hog. Another wierd thing is that when it boots up after the load screen, before that round glowing windows logo, there is a odd string of colors at the bottom of my monitors.

I boot into it every few days, surf a bit, check for updates. I figure by the time the RC1 comes out, it will be good and stable, and I can use it till I have saved enough $ to get Vista Uber edition (they so should have kept that name).

Back