• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Intel 875 2 GIG Set Recommendations...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I need to buy a 2 gig (2x1024) set. Upgrading from OCZ PC4200 that ran good at FSB 267/275 on my DFI Lanparty Pro 875B Rev. B. Now that I used this G.Skill PC4000 HZ 2x1024 kit, they don't really work good on my board. They tap out at FSB 245. I need some recommendations on your opinions or what you have seen around here or other forums. Is there any specific make and model of the 2 gig set (2x1024) that have been stable overclockers on the DFI Lanparty Pro 875B Rev B. board?

dja2k

Last edited:
I´m still running a 2Gb DDR500 Crucial Ballistix Kit on my IC7 Max 3. It works fine up to 275 Mhz at 3/4/4/8 with 2T and PAT: A/N/A/D/D. But due to heat generation of my D0 Prescott I´m just running 250x14 for 24/7.

What memory settings have you had with the G.Skill Kit? 245 seems a bit weak all in all.

As for Hynix chips. I´ve tested two different Hynix chips (among them D43 IC´s) and they do work fine with 875p but don´t seem to scale too well. I wasn´t too lucky overclocking my 2x512 A-Data DDR500 (D43). They topped out around mid 260´s (2,5/3/3/8).

I am running the g.skill HZ's at SPD 3-4-4-8 at 2.6 volts. Don't go higher than that though.

dja2k

If I were you I wouldn´t do that. It´s old stuff anyway...why spending 200+ bucks for ol´ DDR1? Imagine what you could get yourself else for 200 usds; or try to think about changing platform - that 478 skts aren´t real winners any longer.

I am going to return my 2x1024 g.skill kit. Will stick to my 2x512 OCZ as it is giving me an FSB 267. I am now running my 3.0Ghz @ 4.0Ghz for now. I am not changing platforms as I don't have the need for that extreme speed boost right now. Besides like I have mentioned before, changing platforms means changing cpu, motherboard, memory, maybe psu, and maybe video card. That in the long run would be more expensive than what I have to work with now. I get 7500 MB's \ sec with the memory right now, pretty good I think. The CPU is running above the 3.8 Ghz speed, so that is excellent too.

dja2k

Back