• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this memory Hynix chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227096

I need a kit 2x1024 of Hynix based chips for my board to work without problems with them. Thats what someone at the DFI forum told me because this board was optimized for Hynix memory at the time. If the above memory is Hynix, then its the same exact memory as the PC4200 Performance Series kit 2x512 that I had which would run at FSB 275 without problems on this board.

dja2k

At the time that board came out assuming it's the board in your Sig Hynix D43and D5s were the hottest ICs for intel.

I'm not 100% but the link is for Samsung based OCZ. AFAIK Hynix doesn't have high density DDR ICs DDR2 they have but not DDR and it's only in BGA.

Hmmm, so no 1 GIG hynix huh? Well now I am screwed. My board doesn't like UCCC (at least this G.Skill ones), but loves Hynix.

dja2k

Last edited:
I am not chaning the board right now, maybe later. I am working with free money that I got from selling my cpu and memory. I made an even trade gettting a prescott by selling my 2.4c at the same price for the new prescott. I also sold my memory for the same price I got the g.skill. Funny part is I can't get anyone to buy my board and well I might just replace them all later. This is just for now. Besides a new board can leave me buying a new cpu, new video card, new this and that, buttom line more expensive.

dja2k

Back