• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to figure out why ram upgrade isnt working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a same problem with my HP where I tried installing 1GB on Corsairs XL's and it wouldn't work. I did allot of research, replaced the PSU, overclocked the CPU and nothing.

The problem is that these BIOS are totaly locked from making any hardware configuration that if you put anything in that doesn't match exact specs of the replacement part it won't work. So your best bet would be to find a RAM that has exact same timings and Vdimm and try it. Other then then it will be close to impossible to get it to work, unless you want to gamble with the entire system and flash the BIOS to a board that matches the specs to the one used in the current machine. That is the only solution I seen so far.

doh boy said:
is the ram that i have not able to run at 2.5v when downclocked to 333mhz? :confused:
First:
pc2700 = 166mhz = DDR333
pc3200 = 200mhz = DDR400

333mhz ram would be DDR666 (which is not available...atleast not in this galaxy).

jeez talk about a mem-nazi :beer: fine.. downclock to *DDR333*

but w/e i decided to just return for a refund.

actually, reddragon, what about flashing the spd of this stick with a compatible profile?

Back