• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOok at what I found!! (Pics) :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowPho

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
Yesterday my mom forced me to clean my room. So after going throught my drawer I see a plastic bag with something inside. So I look inside, and AGA! there are 2 memory sticks inside. :confused:
Then I see that instead of big rectangle memory chips, it has square ones. And there are 9 (!!!) of them on each side.
So then I get down to reading whats on them
AH28K72M4BHC4S
ATP 1024MB DDR2-400 ECC REG

So I go "HOLY COW!!!!"

So... how good are those memory? How much might they sell for?

Attachments

• PICT0058.JPG
    PICT0058.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 447
Lol you have memory in your clothes drawer? Anyhow I'm guessing 50-75 a pop.

never heard of that brand but registered ECC 1GB DDR2400 sticks sell for 97-150 bucks.

Assuming they work you might be able to get 80 bucks for the pair?

That's server memory; ECC registered DDR2 with samsung chips supposedly designed for E7520 AND E7525 chipset based boards; I don't think that it will work outside a board designed for ECC registered DIMMS, but could be wrong on that score. At 400mhz, however, they'll not be stellar performers in any application.

The going price is about $126 to $169 per stick, new.

Last edited:
The board its used with MUST support registered AND ECC or it will not work.

hafa said:
That's server memory; ECC registered DDR2 with samsung chips supposedly designed for E7520 AND E7525 chipset based boards; I don't think that it will work outside a board designed for ECC registered DIMMS, but could be wrong on that score. At 400mhz, however, they'll not be stellar performers in any application.

The going price is about $126 to $169 per stick, new.
$126 for new...man.. thats $200 a pair!!!

Lol you have memory in your clothes drawer? Anyhow I'm guessing 50-75 a pop.
:shrug: I have no idea lol.

The board its used with MUST support registered AND ECC or it will not work.

Dang..... So I guess its not for me :(

Do you think I should try selling it in classifieds or on ebay?

Ebay might work as I have heard of companies sourcing parts there, but unless you can test it you might be in for a fight if the buyer says "oh noes it doesn't work!!!" AS-IS doesn't seem to carry that much weight.

Dreamstalker said:
Ebay might work as I have heard of companies sourcing parts there, but unless you can test it you might be in for a fight if the buyer says "oh noes it doesn't work!!!" AS-IS doesn't seem to carry that much weight.

well, if it doesnt work, I will just refund cash, and sell it for chips for like $10 a pop.:)

I have to ask, just what the heck were you doing with ECC registered memory which you didn't even know about tucked away in a drawer :confused: :confused:

MadMan007 said:
I have to ask, just what the heck were you doing with ECC registered memory which you didn't even know about tucked away in a drawer :confused: :confused:

Heh. I just use my room for taking PCs apart and together. SO I was probably taking apart something, and totally forgot about the RAM.
BUt then, what did I take apart that had DDR2 ECC?:confused:

Maybe you bought ECC Ram without knowing it wouldnt work for your system.
So you stashed it like a Squirel would do.

next i bet we'll hear he found some AM2 chips he left in the tank of his toilet for safe keeping that he forgot about

How many people around here use Registered EEC?????

Could prolly count them on one hand.

Be nice if you aren't gonna use them, try
the Classies 1st, then E-slay them next week.

Nice find. :)

What else ya got? :D

Back