• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE closes, but does'nt???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mopar_Dan

Registered
Funny little issue Im having on both my laptop and main rig. Most of the time when I close out internet explorer, Ill notice my system will slow down noticable, even if I open IE again it even runs extremly slow. I looked in task manager and there is an process label IEXPLORER.EXE run the CPU 99%. Once I end the process everything runs fine, nothing was noticable shut down and IE can be reopened and works fine. Ive been checking around and have come up blank as to a fix. So any help you guys might have would be very apprciated. Thanks!

Dan

I thought about viruses, and have ran both my own copy of McAffe antivirus and the free online Trend virus dectection, both with no viruses found.

Here are some screen shots of what Im talking about. The first is with the extra IEXPLORER.EXE running with the cpu at 97%
showpic.php

Here is where I end the extra process. As you can see it doesnt close the current IE browser, it only seems to be something in the background. I just dont know why it keeps doing that??
showpic.php

Sounds like spywear? Id get adawear, spy bot search and destory, and windows defender.. in combination I hardly get any anymore.

OK, tried some new antispyware programs that were recomended on this site. Rescaned for viruses and the problem still exsists. Any other ideas of what might be causing the issue. Any idea where I can find the "repair internet explorer" option?

Well, I thought I had it licked with the removal of MSN messenger and MSN Messenger live. But it seems to have come right back. It looks more like it does it whenever I either open a second IE browser while having the first open, or when the browser opens another browser because of a link. I still baffeled if anybody can help?

Dan

Download and run HijackThis | Click the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button | Post the log here. You can find version 1.99.1 here...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

In addition open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)... Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click a couple of the newest crtical errors you've received (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow buttons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Also... open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

I had the same problem, I don't know if this will help you but have you got the ebay toolbar installed it was causing no end of problems for me.When I uninstalled it the problem went away.

I got this same issue with the new verion of IE, been trying to figure it out for some time, never happened with the older version of IE.

Back