• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delux Version Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I've come to the conclusion that software with delux dosn't mean it's better than the version out. I got PowerDVD 6 from my mate has he's using something else WinDVD I think. Anyways I installed the program and entered the product key it then says you have upgraded to deluw version.

yesterday I decided to do a clean install of XP anyways I accidently opened PowerDVD and it came up saying my 30 trial was over. I installed the same version on my mates PC as he didn't have a proper good DVD player program on his new HP PC. He's had it on for more than 30 days and it hasn't come up with what I got.

Anyways I'm now looking for a better DVD player program if anyone can point out one please do.

Names by themselves like "deluxe" don't mean anything. It's the substance that counts. PowerDVD is all right, what is the problem with it that you're talking about?

The trial lasts 30 days and than if you have a valid purchased key, you get the full version.

If you have an invalid key, the software may 'phone home' to disable the product.

Sometimes this happens with valid keys, in which case they need to send you another one.

I have the key and everything I installed the program which was simple and quick then ran the program it then asked for the product key. I entered the one my mate was using and it said you have now upgraded to PowerDVD 6 deluxe and that was it.

Then 3 days ago when I was doing a format I did the above and it came up with trial over. Yet on my mates he's had it on for 2 months and it hasn't come up with the same end of trial thing. Unless it's on of those software version where you can only use it so many times then it kicks in.

I've e-mailed the company just waiting for a reply.

Back