• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you disable certificates completely?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snafumaster

Software Jedi
I have a client at a trade show that is holding a job fair. They want me to make it so that there are no popups warning about certificates. I had at first thought this was a simple request, but I either forgot how to change this or I was thinking of something else. In any reguard, I need to know (hopefully in short order) how to completely disable certificate checking.

I would be so very happy if someone knew and could share with me the best and most complete method to do this.

See the screen shot for an example of what I am looking to stop.

Thanks,
snafumaster

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 107
OK....so I panicked. I remembered and it was particularly easy.

In IE, tools>internet options>advanced tab scroll down to security and uncheck
  1. Check for publisher's certificate revocation
  2. Warn about invalid site certificates

My client also wanted to stop all popups about changing from secure and unsecure mode so I unchecked that one as well.

This is my first time doing this specifically. I am setting up a bunch (20 or so) of desktops for the Siggraph Convention at the Boston Convention Center. I often do this, but usually it is a very generic build that we'll just drop off. This time the client has very specific requests and I have to be there the entire time of the convention (3 days) for onsite.

I really hope that I get a bunch of funtime to walk around and check out all the booths and hopefully collect some serious schwag :santa:
http://www.siggraph.org/s2006/

JigPu said:
Lucky dog, getting to hang out at Siggraph.... :)

JigPu
It was a nice departure from my normal routine. I was definately happy that it was me who built the machines instead of cleaning up after someone else who may or may not have been so conciencious.

Siggraph itself was pretty cool, although I did not have as much time as I would have liked. There were a ton of cool booths that I would have loved to spend some more time at.

However,
  • two t-shirts
  • 3 flashlights
  • pack of gum
  • mouse pad
  • 3 pens
  • and a Yo-Yo
Not too shabby

Back