• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing Corsair CMX possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mindflux0

Registered
I just want a moderate OC I don't want to max out my system or anything, it all seems far too time consuming and dangerous to me to try and eke out every drop of power from my system.

What I'd like to do is get my Opteron up to about 2.2, maybe, in the future if I need more power, get it up to 2.4 or 2.5.

I was wondering whether it would be better to set it to 245x9 or 200x11 or what. Is increasing FSB higher better or does it not matter?
Also if I run at 245FSB I'd want to set the RAM at 245*5/6 = 204.133
Is my ram going to be able to run that fast?
RAM: Corsair CMX1024-3200
From what I understand this RAM is not for OCing but such a small increase...
and, assuming I can't OC the RAM at all, would it matter much if I cut the ram speed down to like 183mhz (3/4)?

(this is a copy of a post I put into the AMD forum...)

Only way to find out how far itll OC is to give it a try. Just cause its rated at 200mhz doesnt mean it can not go higher. I use to own a set of Corsair TCCD that was rated for 200mhz, but i could run them at 317mhz :)

Also your Opteron can not run 200x11, it can only use the 9x multiplier and lower, you would need a 175 or 180 if you wanted to use the 11x multi.

Back