• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VNC connection to individual application

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman_SCO

I have used Microsoft netmeeting before and I was able to share 1 application on my screen to another user.

I like the simplicity of VNC. But controlling the entire desktop screen is not suitable in my situation.

Can VNC share 1 application window only? or is there an alternative open source / freeware application that can achieve this?

UltraVNC has the ability to narrow its scope down to a single window. After establishing the connection, there is an icon in the viewer's toolbar to choose a specific window. Also, if you know the title of the window before hand, there is an option in the server properties to share only the named window.

Hope that helps :)
JigPu

Thank you for your reply. Sounds a very good feature of UltraVNC.

I scanned over the documentation but couldn't find anything about sharing a particular window on load.

Would you happen to know if it is possible to specify the window on a vnc shortcut?

vncviewer -windowtitle notepad (for example)

Thanks

Back