• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel's DP965LT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobburn

I was under the impression that this (like most intel boards) did not overclock..but when I was reading up on the information on intel's site I stumbled on the bios write-up:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-support/11142/ENG/MQ_0816_ReleaseNotes.pdf

In it, it mentions that they've "changed over-clocking style for CK505 clock.." the ck505 is the winbond cpu clock generator...(this was under the june 28th release..so scroll down)

and before that it mentions something about an "overclocking mode."

Does this mean that this board supports overclocking? Does anyone have this board (and the latest bios)? If so can you shed some light on this (please)?

I knew I recognized you :p, yes..but not as much as before..can't find a server I like since renevo went down.

Yeah, I saw the Super Pie logo, and knew there was only one bobburn [pie]...ah, the old Renevo days are long gone... I've moved on to BF2 now...

Are you thinking about getting this board for a Conroe setup???

was..but now I'm thinking this asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131030 ; with this rig I'm going for stability/performance..as opposed to my last rig which I OCed to hell and back ;). I've already got my e6400 lined up and some OCZ gold 2gb (2x 1gb) ddr2 800 ram, 320gb barracuda 7200.10, and the rest of the basics either here or being delivered soon. If anything I may just order the intel now and upgrade it next summer (trying to get this stuff ordered and assembled before the 20th )*back to campus*.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If the bad axe wasn't so damned expensive i'd have gone with that ;).

beware of abit boards right now, they have memory issues that limit overclocking. Wait a couple weeks if you want that board. Tony the OCZ rep over at XS is going to test the whole range of OCZ memory with the AW8 and Ab9 series boards to see which memory works best. For example my a8wd will not break 245FSB. Of course i haven't tried any other memory but the majority of cases will not go above 237-245, and you have your random case of 300FSB but those are rare

Back