• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd Conroe DS3 problem. BSOD while trying to install windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bottomsup

I've loaded fail safe defaults and am trying to get windows installed. BIOS works fine, but at random times during loading drivers, or selecting partition to install on it will BSOD. It's happend 4 times. All errors are different, but i recall one said something about not supporting ACPI mode?

Any ideas....

FYI I also notice it says my chip is 66x7 or 466mhz sometimes when posting.

TIA

you can make a bootable CD... you just need the same files that are on a bootable flopy (you can dl them off the internet) burn them and the ISO for the bios-flash on the CD and give it a shot :)

greef Im a geek :eek:

I figured it out. My RAM is rated at 2.0 and the bios defaults to 1.8. I upped the voltage and so far no problems. Windows loaded and priming at 3.05ghz. E6300 @ 435FSB

Well mine's only been running for about two hours, but everything is rock solid. I'm now a little over an hour into a dual Prime95 run. Seems totally stable. It may go higher, I dunno. But you must update the BIOS to F3 or it won't OC much at all.

Retail E6300 Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
1GB Corsair DDR2-800

23k4yv4.jpg

NICE Dave :thup:
They have a F4c bio's update now if you would like to give those a shot :)

greenmaji said:
NICE Dave :thup:
They have a F4c bio's update now if you would like to give those a shot :)
Didn't try it yet, but I did some SuperPi 1M runs to find the ultimate top end for my setup. Here's the top end, which could be a limitation of my Corsair DDR2-800.
23u67up.jpg

DavidJa said:
529 :eek: :beer:
stable? temps? what cooling are you using?
im thinking he is on water, either that or high-end air.

3.7ghz damn dave...i might have to come over and steal your setup till my e6600 gets here.

DavidJa said:
529 :eek: :beer:
stable? temps? what cooling are you using?
No not stable at all, just as high as it would run SuperPI, and then allow the screen print to be saved in Paint.

It's cheapo water cooling. I'm using a Cooler Master R80 Mini Aquagate I have mounted in the case it's in. Comes prefilled, just hook it up in under 10 minutes. The water block/pump sits on the CPU, and the radiator and fan mount on any 80mm case fan mounting. It's really low end, you can buy the whole setup for $65 at SVC.

DaveB I would love to see what is the highest you can get a stable PCMark05 score. That is a sweet setup you have going there. Gives me hope for my E6300 I have coming tomorrow. I sure hope my MB can get that high of FSB, even though I know it wont.

hyperasus said:
DaveB I would love to see what is the highest you can get a stable PCMark05 score. That is a sweet setup you have going there. Gives me hope for my E6300 I have coming tomorrow. I sure hope my MB can get that high of FSB, even though I know it wont.
It passed twice at 3661 and failed at 3675, so I guess that's the limit for PCMark05. I did nothing to tray and optimize the score, just ran it.
23wl0k8.jpg

Dave, thats amazing. I've just got an e6300 and am getting nowhere with it. Do you have any tips for an intel noob such as me or maybe you can point me at an Intel Conroe OC guide? btw, my mobo is a DFI Infinity 975X/G

Millzee said:
Dave, thats amazing. I've just got an e6300 and am getting nowhere with it. Do you have any tips for an intel noob such as me or maybe you can point me at an Intel Conroe OC guide? btw, my mobo is a DFI Infinity 975X/G
The DFI Infinity isn't a good OC'er. Checkout the DFI Street forums for info on it.

Back