• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much would a decent motherboard cost and what would you ppl recommend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strife3

Registered
also how much does a good cpu cost and reccomendations on that? I want to build my own computer and oc it to the max;)

I am sure that we would be able to help you more if you would be a little more specific. Would you like to go with AMD or Intel? Also, how much money would you be willing to spend?

Nevertheless, for now, I would suggest the Epox 8KHA+ motherboard with a good Athlon cpu. I would probably go with a 1.4 Ghz. The Athlon XP would also be a good option, but unlocking (we can explain that later) is more tricky with the XP.

The Epox 8kha+ is a good mobo, by all reviews that I have seen, and it has the bonus of having all of the overclocking features in the bios, so you do not need to switch jumpers on the mobo. I have the 8kha, without the "+", and am very happy with it. Also, this mobo is reasonably priced.

For specific pricing, you can go to www.pricewatch.com.

Welcome to the Forum!

The best bang for buck is the Shuttle AK31A and an Athlon1600+ with Crucial DDR 2100, should run you about 240$.....or if you dont really want to overclock the ECS K7S5A would be a better choice and ould lower total cost to about 210$....

I must say that out of all the mobo's (both intel, and AMD) I've had the best luck with the epox line, and the AMD chips. More bang for your buck.

hmm... cheap? get the ECS AMD MB with the SiS chipset. and a duron 750... about $110 shipped

Or if DDR or SDRAM doesnt matter get a Iwill KK266 and 1.4g athlon... about $250?

Dont forget a quality HeatSink.

Back