• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AB9 Current OC'ability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipasnipa

Hey folks. I'm considering Abit's AB9 Pro for my Conroe set up, but heard that the BIOS for it is currently rough around the edges. Should I be able to reach a stable 333MHz OC on the FSB with this board without any problems? I'm planning on getting an E6600 and some DDR667 RAM and running 1:1

don't know that I'd trust that review as their showing the bad axe to only hit 325, something isn't right there

Its really hard to tell one review like that is not something to base the rest on. The bios is still early, i would expect with later bios's to be around 380-425fsb range. All we can do ATM is wait for new bios's.

This should suit my purpose then. I'm not looking for a mad overclock, and the premium ASUS offerings are a bit out of my range.

I was wondering about this too... Seeing as the place I'm buying my Allendale from has the AB9 but not the DS3 in stock...

Vipasnipa said:
This should suit my purpose then. I'm not looking for a mad overclock, and the premium ASUS offerings are a bit out of my range.
the only minor bug i know of atm from another user. is when manually setting the mem timings in bios. ie when set to 4-4-4-12 it is really setting 4-4-4-10. I am hoping they release another bios mid/late this month to fix that bug and hopfull to allow us to oc higher.

Also, when I was using a 533 fsb strap, setting mem to 5-5-5-12 in bios would actually set to 3-5-5-12.

using a 800 fsb strap sets timings correctly.

Back