• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I dont know much about ram and wondering if this a good buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IKIKUINTHENUTZ

i dont know much about ram and i need some ddr sticks before they become higher in price, im wondering if these sticks are a good buy and does patriot have reliable rebates? other brands are a bit out of my price range and i really need this rebate if i am going to buy this but is it worth it? how far does these can overclock?

i am currently using asrock dual sata2 but in the future, i will switch over to a asus or dfi board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220084&ATT=20-220-084&CMP=OTC-B1zrat3

Patriot is a good brand and that is a nice price with rebate. I can't comment on overclocking potential but you are guaranteed 250 fsb.

Those are UCCC's so you are getting a good barging if you get them for $150 with rebate.

You could also try G-Skill HZ's which are the most recommended (also UCCC's), but will run a little more.

As far as OC, UCCC's avg about 260-265MHz. Mine do 280MHz+ with tweaked timings and 2.9Vdimm.

Back