• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory readings in sisoft sandra??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

louisjo

Registered
Hi everyone ,

I'm a little confused with the readings that sandra is giving for my ocz platinum memory.

My bios shows it's running at 400mhz, but when i run the "mainboard" scanning option, it reads my memory speed at 2x159mhz (318mhz data rate)?

what gives???

louisjo.:confused:

it should say 2x200. use cpu-z to see what your fsb is. maybe you only needed to get 333 ram??? not sure about this one

Ok!

These are my system specs:AMD64 bit 3200 venice core, 9x multiplier o/c 2.2ghz. 4 x 512mb ocz platinum ram @ 400mhz, asrock dualsata2 pci/agp m/b, x800 gto agp g/card, evo33 cooler, weston raptor 80gb ata h/d, qtec 500w psu.

And cpuz shows a htt of 248mhz 9x multiplier 2232mhz, and the memory details are as follows: frequency 159.4mhz, fsb:dram cpu/14, cas latency:2,
ras to cas delay:3, ras precharge:2, tras:5, trc: 10, 2T command rate, dram idle timer 16 clocks.

I have flashed my bios to the latest version,(2.10), andhave latest drivers etc...

Thanks,

Louisjo:)

Thanks reddragon,

Just to verify, do you mean resetting my mulitplyer to x10 and increasing the cpu mhz bit by bit?:confused:

No, not the multiplier. Leave it at what it is now.

You need to change your divider which effects your RAM clocks. If you set it to anything bellow 200 or 1:1 it will lover it's clocks so you need to go into the BIOS and under your memory setting where you change timings set the divider to 200 or 1:1.

1:1 means that it's running on 1 to 1 ratio. So if you set your HTT or FSB (what ever you like to call it) to lets say 250 then your RAM will operate at 250 freq as well cause your divider is set on 1 to 1 ratio.

Great:bang head

I just set my multiplier to x10 and now cpuz says that my memory frequency is 133.3mhz?????

The bios says 200mhz?????

Help:mad:

OOps!! just read your reply as i posted this!! Please ignore that whilst i look for the mem divider.

Hi there:)

I discovered that the flexibility option was affecting the ram speed, because when i disabled it, both sandra and cpu-z show the speed at 200mhz.

My next question is that since i reverted back to x10 multiplier and 200 1:1, my 3dmark05 score has dropped from 3788 to 3323? should i lower the multiplier to x9 and increase the mhz or will this affect the memory again?

louisjo:confused:

Back