• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

901 bios for P5W DH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stilletto said:
Where do these files come from exactly? I am leary....

That bios is hosted on an Asus FTP server, look at the address.

On XS there are different beta bios that you cannot be sure of, and chances are some programmer is editing them in his basement. Then again you can't tell who is an asus engineer and there probably are some who hang out at XS. I wait to flash the bios untill it's hosted on an Asus server.

Stilletto said:
Well the dlsvr01 in the address threw me....must be wayyyy beta.

Indeed is a beta bios, but now it's also hosted with the other P5W DH files.

I can only reiterate that the hardware monitor thing is solved, PC Probe now works AND they have added support for Overclocking Profiles.

lawrywild said:
woo hold on there!!

follow these steps

load ms-dos with a boot floppy, insert another floppy containing afudos 2.21 and the 0701 bios file ONLY

once there, type

afudos /i*****.rom /pbnc /n

from XS thread

also from XS thread:

vmsein said:
You need to use afudos version 2.07 which you can get from the asus ftp site or here: http://mainboard-drivers-and-utilit...US-Afudos-BIOS-Update-Tool-V2.07-For-Dos.html

will try in the next 5 min

EIDT:

WORKS GREAT :D
back to good ol 701 (long story dont ask why)

PS 903 is out (check XS for thread.... LINK)

Last edited:
I installed 903...

Seems better than 901, i was having issues with that, especially overclocking. Everythings still seems a little slow on my machine, but i'm blaming that on my windows install ATM.

Well,running 901 now. Other that the OC profile, nothing new to report...still a bit of lag in HW Monitor, although I really never complained about that anyway:)

wrangler88 said:
hows the vdropp with this board and conroe? has the bios revisions helped this out at all if there is a vdroop?
thanks

I really don't think that droop is going to be very addressible by a bios update.

Hadn't noticed it previously, but (with 901) whenever I fire up CPU-Z, the Chassis2 Fan alarm goes off as the fanspeed records a drop from 1288rpm to 639rpm.

fritzman said:
Hadn't noticed it previously, but (with 901) whenever I fire up CPU-Z, the Chassis2 Fan alarm goes off as the fanspeed records a drop from 1288rpm to 639rpm.

Actually, for me the chassis fan always shows 0 on ASUS software, even though in bios it reads properly....hmmm

Back