• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TeamGroup (2 * 512MB) 3-4-4-8 DDR2-667MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

I just bought this set of memory a few days ago from TankGuys, I figured I would share my results :) ......

My Rig -

Asus P5WD2 Premium 955X
930D Presler
TeamGroup (2 * 512MB - D9GMH) 3-4-4-8 DDR2-667MHz

Dual SuperPi 32MB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

These results are all achieved with air cooling, no active cooling on the RAM itself.

Thanks TeamGroup/TankGuys !!

Last edited:
That is insane(for the price of this RAM)! I wish I had gotten in on some of this RAM before it was discontinued. The G.Skill stuff looks good too, but it seems like people are having to crank up the voltage to get good results.

Alchemy1 said:
That is insane(for the price of this RAM)! I wish I had gotten in on some of this RAM before it was discontinued. The G.Skill stuff looks good too, but it seems like people are having to crank up the voltage to get good results.

There is the new 3-3-3-8 kits, and those are more expensive, but still very competetive for what you get. They are doing great as well.

You hit the nail on the head. Those kits are $50 more IIRC. Still a good value, but not as amazing as the 3-4-4-8 stuff dollar for dollar. I think I will still end up with a set just because I have not seen a kit that will hit similar timings/frequencies w/ such low voltage and not cost ~$300+.

Bah, I was JUST gonna start my own thread! :cry:

Here's what I got. :D All done at 2.4v. This stuff comes within 20-30MHz of the Corsair 6400C3's, which are priced at $500-550. I got 2 gigs for under $200 shipped. :D I know that myself and some others lucked out at this insane price, but bear in mind that even at $250, it's still half the price of the Corsair set which uses the same IC's and clocks only a notch better at best. This is probably one of the best computer-related purchases I have ever made, considering the price of the Corsairs, I almost feel like I stole something. :p Sorry no dual 32M yet, just playing around for now.

441.5MHz 3-3-3-4
untitled3.jpg

538.5MHz 4-4-3-4
untitled.jpg

This sticks are very temperature sensitive. Adding a 120MM fan blowing over them literally netted me 10MHz extra. 3-4-3-4 and 4-3-3-4 each loose about 100MHz compared to 4-4-3-4, but there is no speed loss incurred by going from 4-4-4-4 to 4-4-3-4 and only a minimal loss from 3-4-4-3 to 3-3-3-3. :-/ So far, it seems that 4-4-3-4 and 3-3-3-4 are the two parameter sets worth using, each performing very close and clocking about 100MHz apart from one another as we can see. They also seem to like voltage. Will give them 2.7v this weekend hopefully. Very very fun sticks to play with. :p Team did an amazing job screening these. All four of the sticks I have clock within about 3MHz of one another, which is just insane. I also had the privilege of testing 10 Corsair XMS2 5400UL sticks, and the variation in those was just insane. The best being about 60-70MHz better than the worst. :eek: Even between the best two there there was a 15MHz difference at least. With the Team Group, there is virtually no variation at all.

Guatam, which motherboard are you using to get the extra voltage on the RAM ? Did you vmod it, or does it come stock with the 2.3v< ability ?

Thanks

P5W DH Deluxe. The P5WD2-E's also have 2.4v from BIOS. I'll mod it probably tonight though, some results at 2.7v seem favorable.

Anyone have any results on the new stuff? For a 2 gig kit, I am wondering which will clock better out of the 3-3-3-8 667 MHz and 4-4-4-10 800 MHz.

When in doubt, go with the cheaper of the two.

Consider this though: For AMD systems, I beleive timings >> Bandwidth. For Intel, bandwidth >> timings.

At least, that's what I remember... I'm a little out of it right now, too much work and not enough sleep :D

TankGuys said:
When in doubt, go with the cheaper of the two.

Consider this though: For AMD systems, I beleive timings >> Bandwidth. For Intel, bandwidth >> timings.

At least, that's what I remember... I'm a little out of it right now, too much work and not enough sleep :D
You are correct. :)

I spent the greater part of today playing further with this mem. Frankly made very little progress in any way but figured some stuff out.

- 4.4.3.4 is the loosest you ever need to run these sticks. I tried 5.5.5.5 and gained absolutely nothing.

- They seem to really like voltage. I dropped down to 2.2v and lost 30MHz. :eek: Still haven't gotten around to giving them more than 2.4v but will do so ASAP.

- They come with very loose secondary timings at stock compared to some other modules. This doesn't really hurt it any way, but it leaves a lot of room for tweaking in Memset. On Netburst, tightening them doesn't seem to help that much. I lost .06 sec in SuperPI 1M, which is less than earth-shattering, but still something. This is the timing set I use- done at 1:2 ratio, 537.7MHz. I don't incur any speed loss whatsoever compared to stock tightening them this far.

b.JPG

Looking good so far. My 2x1gb set makes me feel really happy though. They are currently running 435mhz 3,3,3,5 @2.3v and I haven't really finished tweaking them but they will hit 450mhz 3,3,3,8 so I am very happy with them.

Gautam do you ever worry about the high voltage you're feeding DDR2.. testing for max speeds and whatnot is all well and good but would you really run ddr2 at 2.4v+ longterm 24/7?

2.4 is about as high as I'd go on these particular modules. However, I don't think even 2.6-2.7 is unsafe with good airflow...and they do get pretty hot without it.

Back