• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copying songs to Itunes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I have a project for tomorrow and I need some advice. My brother in law is a part time dj and he has an external hard drive that he has itunes on and about 3000+ songs so far, his wife's computer has probably 2000+ songs also using itunes. He wants me to copy the songs he doesn't have from his wife’s computer to his laptop, the problem is they have some of the same songs and I tunes will duplicate.

Is there an easier way of importing the songs without creating duplicates and deleting them one by one? Itunes creates a folder in the My Music directory, so I tried copying a folder of music to try it out but when I start itunes the songs aren't there, so that's not going to work. :( They have to be imported from the file/import folder option for it to work properly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

IIRC there's a menu that searches for duplicates. I'm at work atm, so I'm not sure exactly where it's located. Check all the pull down menus and you should see an entry called 'check for duplicates' or words to that effect.

You might have to be in the master library to be able to access it...

Hey, thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was another way to do this without copying all the duplicated songs but it looks like this is the only way.

Back