• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

limiting user sessions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBasher

I use remote desktop to control all of my computers from my laptop... but sometimes when I log into another computer, it starts another session with that user... making me have to go into task manager and switch and the end the new session... I've looked in the user setting but I cannot find a setting to set the maximum sessions per user to 1. this is on 2003 by the way. any ideas? thanks. :confused:

Did your installation of 2003 Server come with CALs (often enough it comes with 5)? If it did, you may want to install terminal services. Keep in mind that Remote Desktop is a stripped down free version of Terminal Services. Terminal Services offers you much more configuration options. Also, if this option is not what you are looking for, you should be able to find a setting for this somewhere in "Group Policy".

Back