• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not feeling good about the AB9 I ordered..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tarowah

Registered
I havent seen many posts here about the AB9 (non pro, I dont need 10 SATA controllers) but after doing a little more looking around it would seem the board has issues, more than the other P965 boards I have read about anyways.

My Board, Videocard, PSU, Memory and tower will be here on Tues and I should have a CPU to setup and test with untill my E6600 gets in later this month but the waiting and not knowing if the board is going to be a show stopper is killing me....

Anyways here is what I am going to be working with.

E6600
ABIT AB9
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XTX 512MB
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO
OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply
NZXT Apollo SILVER NP Silver
(Drives are still in my current system and nothing great)

I waited untill the X1900XTX came down to about $400 before I got one, by the time DX10 matures I should be ready for something better, this card should hold me over for another year or more.

So whats the question exactly?
were did you order the motherboard?
Are you worried that it will not function properly (do what it's suppose to) or that it won't overclock for beans?
If it doesn't function properly you can always trade it in for a motherboard that has performed better for others.
If it doesn't overclock to your expectaitons (as well as others) you can always sell it to someone that doesnt care about that.

965P based mobo's should perform better with further bios revisions, This SHOULD hold true for all brands but some will perform better then others, but thats just a chance you have to take this early on, even good speculation isnt helping :(

Last edited:
yes abit is a bit slow with the bios updates but they are coming back rather strong with the new line of core2 mobo's. I wouldnt worry about the ab9, at current you can see 350-380ish fsb ocing. I would expect to see it go higher once abit had more mature bios's. I do think the reason you dont see to many posts on the ab9(pro) as most other have dissmissed abit. I have not but i am limited on what i can buy. i am waiting for a e6600 to ship hopefully on the 7th. If not i may hit up ebay and snag a e6400 for the time being.

There is a tight group of Abit consumers that will have results for some of the boards :p

greenmaji said:
There is a tight group of Abit consumers that will have results for some of the boards :p
i think there is like 3 of us with ab9's (pro) and well batboy loves abit but he is waiting for the AW9D-MAX. I already have funds set aside for that board, the ab9 will be a backup rig or might become my parents new machine.

Thanks for the input folks.

So how are you guys with the Ab9 boards doing? Are you able to get the thing stable and do any overclocking or are you just limping along untill Abit gets the bios worked out?

which DFi board? you can get the DFi 975x mobo NOW. IMO if your on a budget the one that looks like to get on p965 is DS3/DSQ and the soon to be out Biostart Tforce p965. guy over at sx has the biostar board and its clocking in the 430+ range.

Back