• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annoying system hang coming out of "Sleep mode" - WinXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crossed_wires

I have winXP media center '05 edition and have been having issues with the system hanging up after coming out of sleep mode. Basically, it comes back and I try to open Internet explorer(or whatever) and it doesn't do anything. No hourglass on mouse. Nothing. Then I click it again and maybe a 3rd time. then, after waiting another minute or so, I click shut down and all the windows popup at once! I get a window asking me if I want to shut down the task.
It's kind of annoying because it happens EVERY time it comes out of sleep mode. I *could* just disable sleep mode, but I leave the computer on almost all the time and am just trying to save power.
By the way, its a brand new(1 week old) computer and here are the specs, if it matters:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ (2.0 GHz)
2 MB DDR
Geforce 7600GS 256MB DDR2

NO O/C'ing, at least yet. Cooling and air flow are fairly good w/ 1 case fan, one huge fan over the cpu directing air out the back vent and an Antec Smartpower 500w psu (2 fans).

What should I do about the hanging after sleep mode?

Back