• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe + Lanparty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oxalic32

I heard there was suppose to be an amazing DFI board made by the same person who made the Lanparty series of boards. Not sure if itll be part of the same series. Anyone have any information on it? I've heard about it but havent researched it yet.

Back onto the RD600 Conroe chipset, DFI engineers are having much success overclocking the RD600 chipset (on a reference board) to around 430 – 450MHz FSB. Although on the other hand, nVidia’s nForce 590 SLI chipset is only reaching around 350MHz on the reference motherboard. We’ll have more for you on this later in the week in a very exclusive article from Taiwan.

For those wanting SLI + Conroe, you’re only official option at the moment is nVidia’s nForce 590 SLI platform. It’s going to be a kick *** platform and we were lucky enough to get some photos of DFI’s latest revision of their LANPARTY nForce 590 SLI motherboard which is by no means finished by it due to be released for sale around the end of August this year.
-http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/926/

DFI has used a digital PWM controller and eliminated the need to populate the board with space-taking capacitors. The end result is a fully-featured mainboard that carries 7 expansion slots.

Overall design is extremely tidy, and we cannot wait to test it in our labs. Stay tuned for the upcoming full review of, perhaps, the most-wanted motherboard of 2006.
-http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5939

I had a DFI lanparty for my AMD64 rig. I love it. It was an amazing overclocking board, and the style of it seemed unique and enjoyable. This board looks like the first kickass conroe board, and i will wait for its arrival to the market before i build my conroe system. Why should i pay for a board with bottlenecked FSB when this beast is right around the corner. Nothing but problems with the boards out right now, just another reason to wait.

This is true, but whos to say that the 590 isnt going to be ANOTHER Nvidia JOKE?? Anandtech reviewed the next revision of the ASUS P5N32, said the chipset/board was "not the overclockers" choice... DFI may have the people to make killer bios's, but you have to have a decent chipset/platform to run em on...:rolleyes:

screwtech02 said:
This is true, but whos to say that the 590 isnt going to be ANOTHER Nvidia JOKE?? Anandtech reviewed the next revision of the ASUS P5N32, said the chipset/board was "not the overclockers" choice... DFI may have the people to make killer bios's, but you have to have a decent chipset/platform to run em on...:rolleyes:
There will be an RD600 flavor though. I think i might head down the crossfire path and pickup that.

Well, when the RD600 comes out, the Intel chipset boards will have more mature BIOS's and might do the same or better, and the 975 chipset is Crossfire capable (maybe SLI if Intel and Nvidia get together as rumored)...I would never run a chipset other than an Intel for an Intel CPU without hard evidence the other chipset vendor is making an absolutely stellar chipset...Remember ATI's first Intel chipset??? It had major problems like USB speed and low overclockablility... I think your plan of waiting and seeing is the best one yet...I'm sure there will be many BIOS and a few board revisions in the next few months...

ATI has a good chipset history in general, if good bio's can be scrached out it might be a decent board from the get go.. Only time will tell though.

No max FSB numbers yet but roughly = to 975X in 3d performance = :D
And the ram overclocking :drool:

Ya I think I may end up either getting the ASRock (I think that is the one) to hold me until I can decide definitively or just hold out a couple more weeks to see when the RD600 boards are supposed to go retail.

~jtjuska

Back