• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Problems Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
Alright the one main problem I am having is that when you restart the computer all it does is shut down and powers off, how do I fix that? I originally had bios 501(?) and updated to 903 thinking that was the problem to no avail. My specs of my system are in my rig except I'm waiting for my e6600 yet and I'm using a celeron. FIXED

Also what raid driver was I suppose to install with windows? ich7 32 bit or jmicrons? I used ich 7. ANSWERED

I also bought 3 sony s-flex fans and only one powers on, I checked the pin connections to make sure they didn't pop out and that wasn't the probelm. I also plugged the fans into where the one working one was and they still don't power on. Any thoughts?

Also my dad broke my 7900 gtx.. he was popping off aftermarket heatsinks (they were supposed to be diluted to a 25% mixture) and took off one of the chips.. he is replacing the card for me (I love him for that even got me a 7300 gs in the mean time) but I want to help him out is this card worth anything to anyone? I have the stock cooler and broken card if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
As for the shut down when restarting, if it pauses and restarts on it's own this is normal with most asus boards and cannot be fixed.

Using the intel matrix drivers is your best choice if you are not going with the easy backup raid.

how long of a pause I think the most I waited was like 20 seconds and it didn't power back on?

anyone else have any information pertaining to my questions?

Well I noticed the pinout was wrong on both of the fans not working I switched them correctly and only one started working. Any thoughts?

Also how do I get nvidia to stop pestering me about SLI, I get a stupid popup baloon everytime the computer restarts on the taskbar.

Last edited:
No, it should only pause for about 3 to 4 seconds. For the Sli Pop-up, just disable the Nvidia Display service, and also in the options in your nvidia settings, disable the taskbar icon.

alright thanks stilleto I think I got most of my kinks worked out!

How do I stop the powersave feature? I see the FSB bounce on cpuz and I gues this is because it is throtelling down.

Also if anyone has any input on my graphics card situation let me know!

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks I couldn't have figured out ebay on my own, not trying to be rude but I'm just trying to see if anyone has been through this and what they have done. I want to save my dad money. I feel bad because he helped me along with this project and it was unfortunate that the chip came off with the heatsink.

sorry about that man, had to say.
The only thing that i can say about the fans, seeing that you tested them all on the same connecter, is that they are dead. Sorry dude, see if you can RMA them. It happens to the best of us.

Last edited:
Yeah I contacted performance pc's and they said they will RMA my broken fan, I love that company always quick to respond to emails.

I've noticed a lot of peoples (including myself) have fluctuating vcores, why is that?

Also my celeron D is clocked at 2.93 ghz but on cpuz and ai booster I see the multiplier jump up once in a while and it will read 3.2ghz why is that?

updawg said:
Yeah I contacted performance pc's and they said they will RMA my broken fan, I love that company always quick to respond to emails.

I've noticed a lot of peoples (including myself) have fluctuating vcores, why is that?

Also my celeron D is clocked at 2.93 ghz but on cpuz and ai booster I see the multiplier jump up once in a while and it will read 3.2ghz why is that?

VCore fluctuation is normal to a certain extent. Anything greater then .05v can be looked at as a problem. Rest assured the board is not going to droop more then .05v with Conroe. Current Presler\CedarMill are power hogs.

I experience about a .06v droop with a heavily OCed 920.

Back