• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange issues with Abit Is7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fluxburn

I think my motherboard is screwed. It may be the cpu also. I was running this 2.4 at 3.0 ghz but never going full load. I could almost do stock volts at 3 ghz, but then I went a little higher to 1.575. So I decided to test the unit at 1.7 ghz, and 1.55 volts. I ran prime95 for a hour and went I came back I saw 60c for the cpu. No errors were on prime though.

I rebooted and did another test at 2.7 ghz after it had cooled down and got errors running prime95. I clocked back to stock, and I ran prime95 for 10 hours last night, no probelms. The computer acts very strange, lags at simple processes. Also the motherboard now reports very high temps when it just can't be that hot. It gave me 50 C for the cpu after running for 10 hours at stock clock speed. Right now it says 43 c for the cpu, idle and it must be 20-25 ambient temps right now. I just cleaned the cpu and heatsink with artic clean and redid the artic silver 3.

I know it is the motherboard sine the audio card on the pci slot isn't clean audio with pops and clicks.

Last edited:
Back