• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5P800SE & D805

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShakyJake

Is anyone familiar with this board? It may also be an ASUS overclocking peculiarity (I am use to ABIT's SoftMenu). Anyway, for the D805 I set overclocking to Manual and set the FSB to 166 and set the memory clock to 333. However, during a memory test I noticed that the RAM is actually running over 400...since the memory is PC2700, it crapped out fairly quickly.

I then set the memory timing to DDR266. NOW it's running at 333. I was going to try and get the system to 4GHz using PC3200 RAM, but the system won't even post. I suspect that the memory timing is off, however setting it to some lower value still won't allow the system to post (I have of course adjusted the CPU voltage as well).

Any ideas? Are there some options I am missing in the BIOS?

It is possible to get to 4000Mhz with some PC3200. I would look to see if there are dividers in the bios.

I had that board

setting the ram at ddr333 resulted in ddr400
setting the ram at ddr 400 resulted in no post

it's like the board is applying a 5:4 ratio without telling it

used to have a huge vdrop (1.1V on full load)

exhortae said:
I had that board

setting the ram at ddr333 resulted in ddr400
setting the ram at ddr 400 resulted in no post

it's like the board is applying a 5:4 ratio without telling it

used to have a huge vdrop (1.1V on full load)

And there's no way to manually control the ratio. :bang head

Really wish ABIT made a i865 board that supported Pentium-D's. Their SoftMenu BIOS is so easy to set up.

Back