• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT AB9-PRO/e6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
im in the middle of updating the bios with the 530j atm. as soon as i get things worked out and i find a digi cam. i will have pics of the bios and some ocing if possible. im hoping the allendale gets a higher fsb the fugger at xs has gotten. atm fugger on bios11 has done 350fsb but keep in mind he is using a x6800 not e6400. if the cores do make a difference for ocing we shall soon see.

*edited* 10-14
OMG WOOT
finally over the 300mhz fsb wall with my c4's

Last edited:
Jame Gumb said:
I want to see what that Abit can do. Give us 15s pi shots. :)
due my best but atm if the 350 is the limit as after seeing the fsb portion and seeing the 400fsb as the limit. we are indeed in need of better bios's, though the bios10 is the portion i saw. I need to check out the bios11, i just hope my dothan w2k install will work. i would hate to have to install win2k agian, just want to mess with atm.

god damn this thing is a pita. telling the mobo to have the usb handled by the bios results in having to reset the cmos. my c4's boot up in the board just fine with bios11 never tried 10. it boots up and says mem is running ddr2-667 instead of 800. tring to manually set any cpu or ddr voltage does not stick at all. after a restart its set back to auto. Changing any timings with the ram , is a cmos reset. i have lost track of how many cmos resets i have done. little frustrated, i wanted to oc a bit. i do have it up and runng just had to be cool with the changing settings. maybe i should talk to fugger to see what he did. well off to pm him.

after countless switching ram and disabling different things tring to oc. this thing hangs on post after setting any fsb higher the the 266. i got it to post @333fsb but it just sat there staring at me. im hoping fugger gets a new beta bios soon. fugger says he has no problems ocing so i really dont know what else it could be going on here. except for the fact of different ram, but i have tried single stick only of teh c4's and the ocz gold stuff i have. no oc on either, i do have bios ss's so let me get those uploaded.

Well I have my AB9 (non pro) sitting on my desk staring at me atm, I cant wait to see how this thing works for you, my fingers are crossed.

Sorry to hear this, Evilsizer.:-/ There's only two people that I know that are really Abit seasoned, that's batboy and skou. skou's sig is "Need ABIT help, PM me."... maybe something on the abit forums.

Jame Gumb said:
Sorry to hear this, Evilsizer.:-/ There's only two people that I know that are really Abit seasoned, that's batboy and skou. skou's sig is "Need ABIT help, PM me."... maybe something on the abit forums.
i am kinda as well but still kinda lacking in the area of batboy/skou. i dont think skou could help with this as its bios releated being we need new one. the 600mhz fsb max has me :drool: :drool: i wanna get as close to it as possible.

Jame Gumb said:
Yes but isn't skou a mod at the Abit forums, don't they have any pull over Abit?
not sure but i think he has some... fugger has contacts at abit i think he is waiting atm for a new bios. i have pmed him about the bios, so as soon as he gets it. I should have it as well.

I went through a similar waiting period for BIOS updates when I first got my AW8. It didn't like my high dollar low latency OCZ RAM at first, so I had to use crappy RAM for a while. Kind of sucks. Seems like a common Abit problem nowadays about RAM and memory ratio issues needing fixed by a new BIOS update. They will eventually get it sorted out. Anyway, stay in good standing with the folks at XS. I saw you posting in Fugger's thread. Sounds like a couple of them have a line on beta BIOS files. When they get it, beg and plead with them, they'll take pity on you.

batboy said:
I went through a similar waiting period for BIOS updates when I first got my AW8. It didn't like my high dollar low latency OCZ RAM at first, so I had to use crappy RAM for a while. Kind of sucks. Seems like a common Abit problem nowadays about RAM and memory ratio issues needing fixed by a new BIOS update. They will eventually get it sorted out. Anyway, stay in good standing with the folks at XS. I saw you posting in Fugger's thread. Sounds like a couple of them have a line on beta BIOS files. When they get it, beg and plead with them, they'll take pity on you.
lol beg and pled, nah i wil just ask nicely. tictac was nice enough to send me the beta 11 but about 2days later the offical one cameout. of course i didnt have a cpu then.

Last edited:
I saw over on the abit boards that there will be a new bios either tomorrow or Monday for the AB9, my fingers are crossed for tomorrow because I will have my E6600 in hand by 5pm.

Tarowah said:
I saw over on the abit boards that there will be a new bios either tomorrow or Monday for the AB9, my fingers are crossed for tomorrow because I will have my E6600 in hand by 5pm.
sweet thanks for the info i havent been to abit forums yet.

Evilsizer said:
i thought you said stay in touch with tictac, so why pm this other guy. never seen him post so what does he do?

Oh sh**... my memory is going on me. He was an Abit mobo engineer, forgot he's with DFI now.. my bad.

Back