• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 vs S3 and memory comp. questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naturm

I can't seem to find any useful information whether the S3 clocks as well as the DS3 of not. All I want is a cheap and well-performing board capable of quite high fsb to go with a 6300 or 6400. If the solid capacitors just makes the board last longer I don't care but if it affects the oc ability alot it's another thing. I suppose it isn't a major issue but I want to save money everywhere :)

Also, I've gotten confused after seeing so many posts on every forum about memory compatibility. :mad: Is it really picky on the RAM or is it just that it may need a cheap stick (no pun intended) to be able to change the vdimm?

Either way I can get 2 GB G.Skill 6400 CL5 for a decent price so does anyone know if it works in the DS3 (or S3 :S), with or without first changing the vdimm? 1.9-2.0 seems like it could work with a little luck to me.

Less important: :p
Also, while I quickly was checking out the difference between the network chips that differ between the boards the Marvell site gave me some bs about NDA's, so any info regarding that would be nice too, though I trust both ones work as intended.

the s3 and ds3 should be the same board except for the solid capiciter
just ot warn you ~ ocz gold xtc and platinum don twork with ds3.so it probably dont work with s3 as well

i tried both..so stay away from ocz

Back