• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

grrrrrrrrrr.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punk

ok, so i was planning on getting a 512 MB stick of PC2100 DDR RAM to upgrade my comp. I recently checked prices @ a few local computer stores and prices were down to about $100 CDN, which is good. So i finally get the money for it and what happens????? prices go up. Not by a little, but by a lot!! almost 50% MORE!!!! So now the lowest price i can find for 512MB of DDR RAM around here is $149.:mad: :mad: :mad: Needless to say, i am no longer planning to buy anymore RAM until prices go back down to @ least $100 CDN or lower, no matter how long that takes.:mad: :mad:

I was reading somewhere that Ram manufacturers were doing some serious cutting of production to inflate the prices. I hope you dont wait to long to get it at your set pricepoint, but imho its may not be dropping lower than they have gone to anytime soon.
Also In this economy many smaller memory manufacturers may even go under or curtail production. On the 13th of Nov the spot price in Asia for 128-megabit DRAM rose 30 cents to $1.40 :confused:

Combine all this with the upcoming Holiday season and cheap ram may be just a faded memory....

Back