• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VT7 bios settings- ratios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wreckwriter

Hi guys,

System is Abit VT7, P4 Prescott 3.2, 2G Corsair XMS PC3200.

Can't seem to find any info on the following settings:

DRAM/PCI Ratio- currently set to "BySPD", available settings are 3:1, 4:1, 5:1, 6:1

AGP Ratio- (CPU:AGP:pCI)- currently set to "auto". available settings are 3:2:1, 4:2:1, 5:2:1, 6:2:1

My experience is that auto settings are rarely the most correct. Where do most people set these?

Thanks for your time.

The DRAM/PCI Ratio seems weird. Never seen the memory ratio tied to the PCI bus before. But, that is a VIA chipset and they do things different. Depends on how high of an overclock you are trying to achieve, I guess. At 200 FSB or a little above, the 6:1 is probably what you want to use. Any idea how much that RAM will O/C? In this situation, you may want to leave that setting on auto for now.

The AGP ratio, I'm pretty sure you'll want 6:2:1. Since you can't lock the PCI to default 33 MHz, your O/C will be limited. I bet you won't get too much over 220 FSB, maybe 225 at most.

225 totally locks things up, I get a solid beep and have to reset the bios to get it to post again so limited is a nice way of putting it.

I'm actually thinking of replacing the mobo so I can get a bit more. If I could find a good ATX board that would let me use all my current stuff I could swing it but I can't afford new RAM or a new CPU. Know anything good that will accept this stuff:

P4 Prescott 3.2, socket 478 with Scythe MINE
168 pin PC3200 RAM
2 SATA drives in RAID0
2 IDE drives plus a CDR and a DVD
AGP 8 video
3 PCI cards
?

Back