• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry cleaner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panja

Registry cleaner + defrag

Which registry cleaner + registry defrag do you use/prefer?
There are so many cleaners & defragmenters out that I don't know which one is the best...

So which one do you use and think is best?
(it does not have to be freeware, commercial software is ok too)

Last edited:
Here's three programs that I've used and trust...

CCleaner

EasyCleaner

RegScrubXP

Edit: There's one more that I sometimes use, which I also like...

TweakNow RegCleaner

Out of the four, EasyCleaner is the most comprehensive cleaner... sometimes I think it digs a little too deep into the Registry searching for problems. The one I've been using most often here lately is CCleaner... it seems to do a good job of finding invalid entries, without going to the extreme like EasyCleaner does. EasyCleaner has been around the longest out of the four, and I've personally never had any problems with it... but like I said, it does a more thorough search than the others so just be careful.

CCleaner == WIN.

For registry scanning, I use an old (but free) version of JV16. The latest commercial release is supposed to be quite good, but I haven't gotten around to buying it.

JigPu

JigPu said:
CCleaner == WIN.

For registry scanning, I use an old (but free) version of JV16. The latest commercial release is supposed to be quite good, but I haven't gotten around to buying it.

JigPu

jV16 I used to use all the time, but I use CC just cause now. jV16 is an excellent cleaner though!

For registry cleanups I use Registry Mechanic....never had a problem with it. *knocks on wood*

For defragging I use PerfectDisk. I've tried a few and I have to say that it's my favorite so far. :beer:

redduc900 said:
Here's three programs that I've used and trust...

CCleaner

EasyCleaner

RegScrubXP

Edit: There's one more that I sometimes use, which I also like...

TweakNow RegCleaner

Out of the four, EasyCleaner is the most comprehensive cleaner... sometimes I think it digs a little too deep into the Registry searching for problems. The one I've been using most often here lately is CCleaner... it seems to do a good job of finding invalid entries, without going to the extreme like EasyCleaner does. EasyCleaner has been around the longest out of the four, and I've personally never had any problems with it... but like I said, it does a more thorough search than the others so just be careful.

Thanks For The ideas of the programs. I have easy cleaner and ccleaner. I got rid of 234MB of useless registry stuff

Back