• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got 385FSB w/ P5B if anyone cares

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrappyLuckMan

Registered
I went up in 20 then 10 then 5 fsb. Turned off legacy usb, and disabled every single auto bs like fan speed and multiplier, voltages, thermal blabla turnem all off. My ram is 2x512 corsair 444-12 1.9v 675 ram. I hit 385 by using 5-5-5-15 and set the ram at 533. It doesn't actually make ure ram 533, it's a divider dunno why asus does that but 533-1066 ram is when u use default 266 FSB. Anywho, ram/fsb 1:1 now shows cpuid. Before it showed 4:5 when set to 666 so it is a divider option. Anywho, I set vcore to 1.7 shows 1.48 though on monitor, fsb termination 1.3, vdimm 2.1, what else...Bios is 107 I did not update it to 211 yet.

Currently just typing CPU is 47c degrees. MB: 34c
Using Hyper L3 with AS5. Theres no way you can center a nice round bead like as instructions on the heat spreader but it says it'll drop 5c after 200 hours.
Before I installed the mobo I removed the NB hsf and removed the efing pink chinese bubble gum w/ lighter fluid and spread AS5 on it, I also installed a 50mm fan on it with zipties. Some guy on asus forum w/ P5B reported 70c on the NB lol.
2.7ghz not bad ey. I know my mobo and maybe ram limiting me. Ram btw is at 768mhz shows cpuid, I know I can hit 800 ram so till I hit 800mhz ram it's my mobo limiting the FSB.

3dmark05 pooped when that flying wooden ship becomes pixelated (that's cpu test right?). SuperPI is 20 seconds which is not bad. I need to reapply the arctic silver but for now my games run fine so i dont care about benchmarks.

Back