• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W-DH Deluxe with NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liebkid

Hi everyone. I just got my P5W-DH Deluxe, Corsair RAM and Conroe 2 CPU along with my NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2. As I am putting all of this together (duhh...) just got a chill looking at Nvidia's compatibility list on Mobos while I was downloading drivers, and the P5W-DH Deluxe is not listed! Does anyone know if the board will work with the 7950 GX2??? If not I only have a few days to return the Video card and get somethign else... Bummer... :drool:

Thanks guys!!! As I am ignorant in these matters and you guys are all "masters" :) how does the whole x2 thing actually work as far as the design goes? Since the GeForce 7950 GX2 is basically two cards in one, is it an inner works inside the card only, or does the motherboard need to be ready for Nvidia's SLI technology natively? That is my confusion here. My assumption since the card only occupies one PCI-Xpress slot is that it would need nothing more but I have no clue, technically how the 2 cards are tied together to be become one... I guess its an SLI "internal" design?... :bang head

Well think of it as SLI B/C really it is, but when you get your card look towards the front, and you will see an internal highspeed SLI bridge the cards use, and then all you need is a board with a supporting bios and a 16x slot.

Back