• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte d3/4 mem latency issue fixed !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just rightclick the post number and save the url.. ;)

Hows your RAM frequency overclocking for ya? did they add a less then 2.0 memory multiplier yet (yea yea, hell, snow plow bla bla bla.. not likely but might as well ask ;) )

havent check to see if the multi will go to less than 1:1 yet. th ram is now running in stock as i backed down to 400 for some proper testing (it fellover after a coupleof super PI @430) . should get it back to 430ish i reckon once iver sorted the air flow out as it a mess ATM .
had a few loops of the FEAR demo run and its till stable ,want o get the lid thingys off the heatpipes now to get some better flow to them . also working on making a duct to the exhuast on my stacker :)

Thanks. I can confirm that the fix works on the GA-065P-DS3 with the beta F4e BIOS. However, since the board runs exactly the same and overclocks to the same speed, it must simply have been a reporting error. The BIOS could not actually have been at CAS3 and allowed me to run benches with my cheapo Corsair PC6400 at 500 MHz+.
24exoqp.jpg

Last edited:
So can you increase the fsb past 400 through the bios or do you have to use software?
Just wondering, I'm looking into these setups.

through the bios up to 600, I don't know the highest bootable, but I think it was somewhere around 500-530 that I've seen ;)

The clock to 529 MHz shown above was through software. Mine boots at 486 MHz (3.4 GHz) without "huffing and puffing". From about 490 MHz to 500 MHz it will boot after several aborted power up/down cycles ("huffing and puffing"). I now have mine boot at 3.4 GHz since it boots right up at that setting and I use the Gigabyte software to get higher.

Back