• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WDH Worse OverClocker Than P5WD2-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pee4

Registered
I've just upgraded my motherboard from P5WD2-E to P5WDH. Had my P4 920 running stable on 4.2Ghz (300 FSB at 1.35 vcore) for months on the P5WD2-E. I've had to settle for 4.1Ghz (295 FSB at 1.35 vcore) on the P5WDH.

Pretty sad. So much for 8 phase voltage regulation.

Yeah ... my 930's don't oc any better on it than p5wd2, -E or -P or even p5ld2 ... i am referring to my max stable folding oc tho. Benchie oc's do vary but i only use them to start finding my stable oc.

But it is also not uncommon for me to get a +/- 10 fsb oc difference between 2 boards of same model of mobo using the same mem, video and memory. :shrug: Depends how tight you are running everything i guess and variability between components and manufacuring process.

Hi pscout, I guess I was just expecting that the P4 920 might go even better on the P5WDH. I thought the 975X chips might have got a little better, and that the 8 phase voltage would hold the vcore more stabile. Not too worry. I'm just waiting for the E6600 to become available locally anyway.

Back