• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to actually flash the P5w DH bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marf

Registered
This may seem like a really n00b question. I will be getting my P5W DH soon, and I already have the 801 bios file on a floppy (its P5WDH.rom) and about 1024 kilo bytes. I'm just wondering how I can flash it (assume I have a celeron to flash it with before I put my conroe in). Do I enter bios? option in there? Or must I boot into DOS first with a boot up disk, then I do some command with the Floppy in that has the .rom file.??

i have done all my flashes using the windoze asus utility . so as long as you can post and boot windows from cd you can do the same.

I generally use my sig rig for all my downloads for every rig i have storing stuff like this on my raid. Then just copy them to my new rig's hdd once i get windows running and the asus cd with the lan drivers installed, set up a share and away you go.

Your celeron should be good enuf to get windows loaded.

I never even attach floppies anymore.

I believe you can also set it up to flash from cd before windows is loaded ... i have never needed to do it.

lets say I don't want to even install windows on the machine. I just want to either use floppy or a CD with the bios update on it.

If you boot with the asus cd it will prompt you i believe ... i didn't go that route since i had the new bios on hdd.

There is a flash utility in bios too i think ... never used it tho.

/edit ... I seem to have forgotten my manners .... :welcome: to OCF :)

Last edited:
Back