• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mobo for e6600 oc, and crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick5588

Registered
well my price limit is 400 and below but preferably i would like to spend less.. obviously.. so what would everyone suggest for a good mobo to oc a E6600?

I am most familiar with asus ... the only crossfire choices i know of are p5w dh and p5wd2-e premium that do both xfire and conroe.

the only reason why i was looking into crossfire was because the R600 was supposed to come out before nvidea's card so i picked crossfire instead. but if i were to go with sli, what board would i choose that would allow me to oc my e6600 alot ?

Nvidia has yet to release bios for SLI on the 975x chipset, however their are "hacked" drivers which enable SLI, many people seem to go with the p5w dh (I myself am one of them) with the 4mb cache conroes and people with allendales go with Ds3 board to overclock (no crossfire/sli).

updawg said:
Nvidia has yet to release bios for SLI on the 975x chipset, however their are "hacked" drivers which enable SLI, many people seem to go with the p5w dh (I myself am one of them) with the 4mb cache conroes and people with allendales go with Ds3 board to overclock (no crossfire/sli).

'cept me ... from here on if i build some more allendale rigs i will use p5b-delexe instead of ds3 ... at least with current bios'es and mobo rev's.

but since bios'es are all so immature, this could change. P5B basic could improve, p5b-d and ds3 could also improve ... that biostar 965 might come available here ............ abit's bios might show up .... :shrug:

also, if you are on a budget, i wouldn't worry about looking for a crossfire setup ... you would spend more on your video cards than the rest combined :D

yea i suppose your right then. there is prob no way i could affor that... unless i want to spend 4 grand.. which i would want to if i had the money handy, which i dont :( lol

Back