• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The wonderful people at OC forums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Precision

3Dmark Team Member
First this post is LONG and has nothing to do with CPU's, mobo's,SLI, Hardrives or anything of that nature. It has to do with the people here at OC and how highly i respect them.So if your not interested move onto help someone out ;) I just think that a place like this NEEDS to know they are a great community of mostly (higher tech computer help) and some simple.

I just wanted to let you all know how much of a pleasure it has been being here. I love the idea where if someone comes in and asks what maybe you, or me would think is an "idiot" (i know what terms some would use but not here as i did read the rules after i got my first help) Normaly if i got a question i have to ask it on 10 places and try to bookmark them all untill i run accross someone who doesnt 100% TRY to speak over me because the question I asked they know I am not going to understand the answer. Mostly a bunch of cocky people who have been messing with computers since 3.1 and just think we all should know everything.

Which i FAR from the case here.(at least with the attitudes) I NEVER leave posts like this ever. But i had to let you all know how nice it was of all the people who helped me so far without basically calling me stupid in a post or acting like I shouldnt own a computer because i happen to not know the answer to that question. When the case very well may be that there is a few things that I KNOW that this computer wizz does not.

Take this for example i know a kid that has to have one of the HIGHEST computer knowledges for his age (17) . And knows ALOT more about running web sites and programs like 3D studio max and for any of you that played Red Faction PC edition. May have or still play some of his maps. I have no clue how to do ANY of that. But here just a few weeks ago. He told me how he was gonna format his HD when his floppy was broken. "plug it into the other computer"(as soon as my sister is off of it,which usually takes hours) so i said "no,why would i do that?" And he replies with "how the |-|3LL, am i going to do that?" I told him with the windows instal CD. And he had NO idea what i was talking about and i showed him something. That i thought was really basic.(and those of you out there who MIGHT not know that you can)

An even better example because it has nothing to do with PC's, Who here has no idea what the differences between a 1987 fully loaded trans am and a 1987 GTA? Probably none of you..i could be wrong but, doubt any of you know. Does this make you "stupid" No it means i was exposed to something that you were not.Which is a big thing people forget these days.

The fact of the matter is what i see here is people helping people period. End of story, no smart comments, no "like this you idiot" type things. And i thought you should all know this. AND THAT IT IS A GREAT HELP TO PEOPLE!

For any of you who have Xfire out there and play alot of CS: source feel free to add me as a friend. *BUT REMEMBER TO DO THIS* The default message sent out is "Add me to your friends list" If you do not change that to SOMETHING like "OC forum" or something so i know where you got it I AM SORRY BUT I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT becaue there are too many..lets just say "strange people".Also, if it's a good time and there is not too many people on my Ventrillo server i will maybe invite you there if we are not on practice or in a match. Yes a buddy and mine split the cost of a KICKIN CSS private server a Cheap public(with psycostats) and a Vent. Also if you are a younger person please make sure to ask your parents. We have a few on there under 18 and one that is actually 12 on our CAL team but his 19 year old brother is always there when he is. And his brother is there to make sure he doesnt act 12:)

Xfire username = slayer1980

REMEBER TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT FRIENDS REQUEST AT BOTTOM OR YOU PROBABLY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED

Oh just so some of you know im not some strange young kid or a freakky old man "not TOO old" I', 26 My name is Ryan, I have a beautiful baby boy and My NEW FIANCE!!! As of today:D And i have NEVER spent this much time letting people in a forum know how good of job they are doing!! The most would be a small site like ours for the team of a cool team we would meet playing. And i would just tell them who i was and see if they wanted to come chill and play CSS or some of our members play other games LOTS of differents ones.

Anyways there is a briefing of me and what i think of your forum. Thats how much i enjoy the help here.(this is more than i post on my own forums. (www.teamasp.org)(shh... but SOMEONE needs to experess their gratitude. Thank you for Not trying to make me feel stupid just because i never did something before. I am a highly intelligent person who does not need things explained usually more than one time. But i am new to anything but socket A

For those of you who want to see what i mean. I came in here as a AMD x2 64 OC n00b.(always had socket A)I mean yeah most people would laugh(not here) that i didnt know EXACTLY what each thing was called like HTT and all the names for one thing. Which means im far from dumb and may know more about some things with computers than someone who does. Like look how "stupid" i look in this thread. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4640004#post4640004 ALot of people in so called HELP forums would just say "You do not know what you are doing quit messing with stuff. let it stock, idiot. You have NO CLUE what your doing"

Just because i was new to something you all think understood that it didnt mean i was stupid, i was just never exposed to it and maybe do not understand the OTHER readings in forums because they use another "language" like HTT,FSB,computer frequency. People understood totaly that just because i did not know what it was. Didn't mean i couldn't learn from a simple explanation. (i mean you all learn somewhere, You werent born with a CPU inside you:) )

Anyways kudos to those of you that read this whole thing with the typos and stuff in it and as long drawn out as it was. But i felt that this is the first time i ever need to say it on a forum. Because usually i get no help when the rare time comes that i do :(

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALL OF YOU!
Will be a future participater in your forum (which i dont usually do) my teams forums for CAL TWL and our own web site is ALL i ever post on.

Thanks For Taking The Time to read this, I know its long.. its drawn out a bit much.. But i feel that you guys deserved the gratitude.

Last edited:
Well sadly I cannot take credit for helping you, though I am glade you were able to get the information you wanted without being flammed. I do agree of course that no one knows everything. I for example not to point anything out but I often see something asked about Windows that to me seems extremely simple, though then I go into the Linux forum and am basically getting baby fed a guide on how to do XXXXXXX because I cannot understand it any other way, and I am sure to them it is very simple common knowledge. Anyway hope you enjoy your stay here.

PS: I wouldn't bet on that car thing, there are a lot of car buffs lurking here.

Precision said:
An even better example because it has nothing to do with PC's, Who here has no idea what the differences between a 1987 fully loaded trans am and a 1987 GTA? Probably none of you..i could be wrong but, doubt any of you know. Does this make you "stupid" No it means i was exposed to something that you were not.Which is a big thing people forget these days.
You're right, I can't - I'm a Mopar kinda' guy. Wanna' know the difference between a GTX and a Road Runner? ;)

Precision said:
Oh just so some of you know im not some ... freakky old man ...
HEY! I resemble that remark ...! :p

Back