• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using Mushkin, please tell me what speed/timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

I have mushkin and am on a quest to get 1600mhz with my setup, i can boot at:
9.5x169=sometimes
10x160=1600
10.5x153=1606
11x146-1606

Ok all of them are over 1600 and id be happy with any combonation, just id rather use 10x160 as i dont have to take voltage to max, there fore less heat and less probs, also more performance. I can run at 160mhz fine but seem to get stability issues in some things,

please gimme some suggeston on cas 2 or 2.5, command rate?, host clk 133 or by SPD, normal, fast, turbo settings?

My mem volts goes from 2.50 to 3.20 default is 2.70 and that is what i run at. Do i need to go higher to like 2.9, its 1 stick of mushkin pc2400 rates at 150mhz cas 2 166 cas 2.5 but i cant seem to get it

Well, set it to SPD first of all. Then set it to the Turbo settings.

If you have instability at these settings while in Windows at 160MHz then try raising the memory voltage to 2.9V. Test for stability.

If you have good cooling over the memory then it should be OK at higher voltages. I have mine at 2.9V on my 8K7A+ at 166MHz and at 3.0V on my 8KHA+ at 160MHz with no problems.

If you are still having instability problems at even higher voltages then try lowering some settings...such as going down to Fast or raising some of the individual marks from 2 to 3.

It's a long a drawn-out process of testing and re-testing but you'll find your memory's "sweet spot" soon enough. Took me over 2 hours with each board to get the most out of it and stable.

si that staying at cas 2, and at what point would u recommend cas 2.5..

I fugure i can hit 10x160 turbo cas 2 @ 2.90 memvolts, and jsut disable a couple setting, like constant DRAm requests.

Stay at CAS2 until the voltage is too high for your liking if you still aren't stable. Lower the voltage a notch then try CAS3.

I set my FSB at where I wanted it, upped the voltage as high as I was comfortable with and the memory timings as fast as they can go.

I then tested for stability. If I had problems I would start lowering memory timings until I found a combination that was stable. I then checked if I could lower the voltage and remain stable.

After going through that for a couple hours I had all my settings at the FSB I wanted and runs perfectly fine.

Back