• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe Pricing Update....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
http://www.overclockers.com/tips01015/

Once again I have to chime in about the bloated prices over at Newegg. Granted they have good business over there but they have really sold out for the dollars when it comes to new products. The fact that a smaller company like Tankguys can sell for less is an indicator of how much Newegg looks to rape people that are too eager to wait for prices to come down. Simple solution, don't spend so much for a new product. If the chips are sitting on the shelves because no one will pay ridiculous prices for them then the prices will come down. Pretty simple.

I just WISH people would take that advice.
If people had the willpower to do that we could get the top tier CPU's for under $100.

It looks like Newegg is going through a transistion phase much like any company goes through when they have extreme success.

I've always shopped at Newegg. However, in the past year and a half the they've begun to take that success for granted, and erase the small intangibles that made them successful, like competitive prices with excellent customer services.

Charging a *premimium* on new products surely brings in the short term extra cash, but it definantly drives away savey people (like most computer people are) to other vendors.

Their past reputation will carry them for a while, but in the end the internet is FILLED with vendors that are teething to take their place.

A big hit against me with Newegg was the 7900 GTX. I was buying one the day it came out. I added it to my cart at something like 499.99, and by the time I was checking out it was 539.99. Come on. :bang head

Indyxc1 said:
It looks like Newegg is going through a transistion phase much like any company goes through when they have extreme success.

I've always shopped at Newegg. However, in the past year and a half the they've begun to take that success for granted, and erase the small intangibles that made them successful, like competitive prices with excellent customer services.

Charging a *premimium* on new products surely brings in the short term extra cash, but it definantly drives away savey people (like most computer people are) to other vendors.

Their past reputation will carry them for a while, but in the end the internet is FILLED with vendors that are teething to take their place.

A big hit against me with Newegg was the 7900 GTX. I was buying one the day it came out. I added it to my cart at something like 499.99, and by the time I was checking out it was 539.99. Come on. :bang head
it is supply and demmand , whenever their is a rush for a new product, prices do up. it dosent bother me at all , mainly because i can usually wait till after the inital rush which is usually less then 2-3 weeks, they still have competive prices on almost all products, and fast, inexpencive shipping.

I actually just went to newegg's website this afternoon to start pricing my upgrades and i couldn't believe what they were charging fo the E6600! I know it's supply and demand but i'm jumping on the Tankguys bandwagon also. I usually spend about $5000. a year on computer and computer related parts, i know i'm probably just a .001% of thier annual profits but if more customers like myself drop off, thats going to add up quickly. Just my $5000. opinion. :beer:

Someone always states the obvious, like as if none of the people complaining know it. Supply& demand. Why are so many people walking away from the egg upset?
Supply and demand w/ pricing is a thin line IMHO.

Jame Gumb said:
Someone always states the obvious, like as if none of the people complaining know it. Supply& demand. Why are so many people walking away from the egg upset?
Supply and demand w/ pricing is a thin line IMHO.
Because supply and demand doesn't make people happy when a price is adverstised only to find out that the company is charging more :bang head . If they say they will sell it for XX price, then they should sell it for that price.

Supply and Demand is Fine.

NewEgg receipt for success has been:

The right price, fast shipping, and excellent customer service.

Like every company you get highly succesful from those 3, and they get greedy, and say how can we make more money?

First comes higher prices, then comes saving money on staff (IE less customer service).

NewEgg defined the benchmark for Online Vendors to be successful. If they keep tampering with "supply and demand" (Price Gouging on Reputation), there are many vendors that are ready to take their place.

I for one have always been a big fan of Newegg. I've recommened many people to buy from there. But the price changing between the time you add something to your cart and you check out. Not ok. :rolleyes:

Honestly I used to use Newegg alot more than I do now. They always had great prices, but I've noticed lately I've been using other vendors because they beat Newegg's prices. ZZF has been especially good lately with CPU and HDD prices. Newegg always seems to have the best video card prices though.

I remember back in the days of 2 dolla fed ex shipping on the egg.. Then their products were worth it... Now a days everything is so hiked up..

I've never used anything but newegg. I like the peace of mind that my packages will arrive in 3 days and that if I have any problems, their customer service is there to help. That, IMO, is worth the extra few bucks.

Back