• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get another 256MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<Grisu4>

Hi,

presently I'm using 1x256MB Crucial.
What would it another 256 stick bring? Mpeg4-encoding, a little video-editing, capturing, Games, DVD, ....

It's still WinME, but XP shall be hungry for MBs ...

What do you think about the effect?

Hi <Grisu4>,
It's the way to go for the price of the mem modules, and also for your XP upgrade, but you must be faster, coz the prices are rising!!!

I'll agree if you're doing that kind of work on your PC.

Will definately need to upgrade to XP/Win2K to justify using that much though.

I was wondering if with 2 sticks of crucial 256mb i should set the cycle latency to 0 or 1?

Yup i already got my ram i just want to know why I can increase the FSB by alot so I'am trying to figure out what it is that I'am having a problem with... So if u got 256mbx2 of RAM on a Kg7 R mobo can u plz post ur stats, like ur FSBxMult You DDR V, YOu COre V, you CAS and SDRAM Latency between dims... and ur the SDRAM speeds Turbo/Ultra/Fast/Auto etc...

So I ordered another stick yesterday. So well, what do you think of trying WinXP? Will there be driver problems or lacks?

What about the VIA 4in1 ver35 (for XP) and the audigy drivers support?

And I need advice for the right firewall. Presently I'm using zonealarm - so what do you think?

Last edited:
Firewall

I personally like and use Black Ice Defender its only like 20 bucks and this weekend I saw a day after Thanksgiving special thing where its $20 with a $20 mail in rebate so its free.

Ram went down like 15 bux canadian here.

Anyways ..

You should get the extra ram and go for Win2K/XP..

Get 512 damnit.. :)

As for the firewall ZoneAlarm is the best you can get I love it..

Back