• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5nd2-sli for d805?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nth697

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131578

Im still choosing my memory and graphics card. chose the d805 because of the price to overclocking ratio it has. Im hoping its the same story with this mobo.

Im new at this so please let me know what you think. the chip has a 20x multiplyer and the FSB is 133mhz. max FSB for this will be arround 200mhz. thats no problem but this chip sucks down the power. Ill be using water cooling at some point so I expect to be able to get arround 4ghz. can this board handle that kind of power at 200mhz fsb?

thanks alot

anybody know what increments the FSB and voltages are ajusted at?

Any board with proper dividers and voltage will let you hit 200 mhz. However, some Asus boards stop sensing the sata after 3.9 on the chip. Little quirk, not guarenteed to always happen.

Unless you are going sli, nforce sli and overclocking have mostly been looked down on for poor results. But you will probably get at least near 3.8 without WC. umm.... Look to Nandro, since he has the same board.

ok I am no longer considering mobos with nforce. help me out and recommend something in the price range.
does this mean I have to give up on running 2 video cards?
I want to buy this stuff NOW!

since direct x 10 isn't going to be any good for a while, you can go ahead and pick up a p5wdh for conroe support and it has crossfire so take ur picks of ATi cards. x1900xts can be had for about 280 ish nowadays, or buy one and then another later. the mobo will set u back 250, so about $530 right off the bat with another 280 if u are going to get the second card at the same time.

Should make for a great overclocking rig tho.

whoa thats way out of my budget for my mobo.

Im checking newegg for stuff under $150
I want it to have
667mhz ddr2 4gb, dual video card support at 16x (graphics are not my main concern so Im flexable on this), gig lan, we all know anything will hit 200mhz fsb so all it has to do is handle heat and voltage, and finaly it must have a nice useable bios.
Im going to use water cooling and I dont mind puting heatsinks on anything big enough to mount them on the board. so in the end all the mobo needs to do is handle the voltage that Im going to throw at it.

am I asking too much for that ammount of money? under the conditions I have described you think the ASUS board wont cut it?

Im not really intrested in conroe support. I dont know anything about them. and If I was going to get one it would be after I decide that 2 4ghz processors is too slow, and thats going to take a while, and by then all this is going to be really really cheep. so Im not too intrested in conroe.

Last edited:
don't go with the aw8d. It has really bad walls.

Umm....start posting more, get heatware and hunt the classified. There are cheap p5wd2s floating around for about 110 bucks and will do what you want, plus have good stability. Careful, tho, these vdroops lots, so u might want to mod it.

wow then i read about all the problems peopel had. only reason I thought this one was a good idea was that tomshardware article.

damn, Im still hopefull that I can hit some nice speeds at low FSB settings

Back