• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5ld2-deluxe failure to post.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Will Eatforfood

Arggh... I'm going nuts over this. Bought a p5l2d-D from a forum member and can't get this thing up and running. The monitors get no feed at all, and both are working properly.

silverstone st50f 500w
pD 805
Corsair Value 533 (1x1gb)

Originally had everything plugged in (1 dvd read,1 dvd-rw, fan controller, floppy, sata HD, IDE HD, tv tuner card, sound card). But wouldn't even display anything, so I cleared CMOS or real time clock as Asus calls it. Then tried putting Vid card in pci-e port 2. No boot. Took out vid card and replaced with pci vid card. No boot. Took out all components except pci vid card and ide hard drive. No boot. What's wrong??? argghhh....Can it be memory compatibility? :bang head

I have same board , hope you are not using the red Ide's because they are not for booting you have to use the blue Ide for a hard drive to boot from.Reds are also not made for cdroms, basicaly they are just for secondary hd's, if you hook up 1 cdrom and a ide hard drive to the blue you should be fine.

hope this helps you.

do you have a speaker conneted to the system panel connector? If not it helps to connect one so you can get any post beep codes.

With a speaker on do you get any beeps?

Removing memory will cause beep codes.

In fact i think you should get a beep code if no cpu as well.

Video errors get a different beep code

These help diagnose the problem.

If you have other components to swap in and out is also useful, but if you can't get a beep code, most likely it is a mobo problem.

Thanks guys.. Got it to work. f6 raids are awful. Weird mobo. Ummm, now I'm stuck on 175 fsb....Can't get it to budge higher for some reason. It just shuts off completely instead of a temporary restart.

vcore=1.375 makes no difference higher or lower....but max I've tried is 1.4.
vdimm= 1.9-2.3
mch=1.6
ich=1.5
Hyperpath off, with very very loose timings....like 5-5-5-15

I locked the pci-e at 100, pci at 33. Everything else is in the sig.

Oh yeah, AC freezer 7 pro, and since it's night, temps never see 50.

Will Eatforfood said:
Thanks guys.. Got it to work. f6 raids are awful. Weird mobo. Ummm, now I'm stuck on 175 fsb....Can't get it to budge higher for some reason. It just shuts off completely instead of a temporary restart.

vcore=1.375 makes no difference higher or lower....but max I've tried is 1.4.
vdimm= 1.9-2.3
mch=1.6
ich=1.5
Hyperpath off, with very very loose timings....like 5-5-5-15

I locked the pci-e at 100, pci at 33. Everything else is in the sig.

Oh yeah, AC freezer 7 pro, and since it's night, temps never see 50.

Same case with my Deluxe. After 243fsb it will shuts down completely instead of temporary restart. 4 instances of Prime stable at 250fsb though..

My board does same thing (p5ld2 deluxe) and so did my p5ad2 deluxe, thats what an asus board will do, when OC'ing, its not a problem.

Oh god...the headaches continue.

Huge wall at 175, so updated from like 0206 ? I guess to the 0603 bios...

Now the wall is at 155!!! Arggh.... Which bios do u recommend? I doubt it's my silverstone even tho it's dual rail.

Edit.. Since I acc. triple posted, might as well make them useful...

!!! Whoa...I did not know that... Overclocking on Asus is like totally different from Asrock or Gigabyte. You REALLY do have to go in small increments (like they always say). Unlike the Asrock, where I know what settings are stable, and jump right to it, the Asus will just shut off... Completely....Forever....Until the crashfree feature kicks in. :p It takes one reboot for it's dividers to start working otherwise applying (f10) will just crash the system. Really have to buy different brand boards to figure out all the kinks.

Edit... Plus the restarts take a hell of a lot longer as u up the fsb. I did the pencil mod and now it overvolts on load.... Hmm....

Once more edit....

Weird ..... Ok get this....158 fsb is my complete stable, will always load up, run everything stable... I use it to get to 160 and from 160 I can catapult to 175 fsb no problems with volt automatic! I can't go straight into 160 or else it won't boot up, nor 175... I have to use the stepping stones to catapult...I have never heard of this in my life. What do you guys think is wrong with the setup??? Btw, when it catapults to a higher fsb, it shuts off for like 2 seconds and restarts. Sometimes, above 178 fsb, it will shut off, try to turn back on but then die again.... Sounds like something is crapping out yet I can't figure out what.

Might remove my ugly POS sound card and tv tuner, but doubt it will do anything

Last edited:
I have always left the pci-e setting at auto on all my pre-conroe mobos including p5ld2. Not sure if this is relevant to your setup since i have never oc'ed an 805 on them ... only 830, 920 and 930's. Also, i don't have the deluxe, but i have 3 of the basic p5ld2's.

One thing i also do is disable every feature in bios on the mobo that i am not using, which for my single sata folding rigs is everything except sound and lan. Not sure if diableing unused stuff like serial and parallal ports, extra ide/sata devices, usb, will help or not ... it is just a habit i have developed.

I too have noticed i can't always jump right to a high oc. With the 800 fsb cpu's I have, the system reset power down/up starts at 250 fsb ... so i am not suprised seeing the same behaviour with the 805, just at a different fsb.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.... sighs...

This board has me stumped. It has so many quirks... Also, my mobo seems to overvolt, so if I try to load at any manual voltages higher than 1.35, it fails to boot. Ram can't be set to voltages higher than 1.95 or fails to boot. Earlier today, I got 3.7 ghz, and now I can't even breach 175 fsb.... This is something ugly.

Gonna try to replace my ram.

Edit... I hate this board. It makes me look slow..

Ok... every setting possible on manual mode will not get me a lick above 160 fsb. ****ed off, I set it for a random automatic overclock profile of 30%.... Voila... It boots into 3.46. Nothing to sneeze at, but it got past the wall... WTH? I'm looking in cpu-z for the settings, and speedfan for the voltages it used.... lmfao. This is one sad sad day.

Last edited:
I must have the most retarded setup ever... I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE...Ok... I started overclocking at 1.35, because I figured that it would be a decent amount of volts to take me to any clock. Well my mobo always overvolts since I modded it, so it is actually at like 1.4 volts, which is still pretty safe. But that only gets me up to 3.46 ghz. Anything above that won't boot up.

However...any volts I set below seem to increase overclockability!....?... So I set it down in increments and found myself going higher, and now I'm at 1.23 volts and I'm out of options to go lower. Do you guys think it is a bad reading on the mobo, or what? I always thought more volts= more stability and overclock= more heat. And now there is an inverse correlation...

hmmm ... certainly some strange results!

I suspect there is a lot of variation between one of these mobos and another.
Mine (not deluxe) all seem consistent but then probably part of the same lot since i bought them all from same retailer.

When pressler first came out a very few people were able to get good OC's up to 300 fsb on 920's. Mine were limited to 240 or so on presslers but worked fine to 260-270 on smithfiled 830's.

But with most recent bios the presslers oc well now on the same 3 mobo's.

But i still think there can be a big variation on this mobo from 1 board to the next.

You seem to be experienceing an unusal one!

Now if i could get better oc stability and temps by lowering V settings, i would be happy, even if puzzled :shrug:

Back