• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Board Not Recognizing Sata drive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
Hey I recently upgraded tot he P5W-DH, but I also had this problem with my old P5W2-Premium.

I have a Maxtor Diamondmax 10 Sata HDD. Sometimes on reboots, I lose the hard drive, and I have to reboot multiple times before it recognizes it again. Anyone else have this problem or knof a fix for it?

have you tried to a new sata cable....or....a different power plug!

i had a similar issue with one of the raid drives not being recognize every so often...my solution was to use a "Y" adapter (Legacy power) to power both drives from a single source legacy plug.

I had a similar problem with an ASRock board (939Dual-SATA2). Sometimes the boot drive (a 250GB WD SATA drive) would not be detected after a reboot. Most of the time, on the second or third reboot, the drive was recognized just fine. I did quite a bit of searching for an answer, and I finally found a workround that helped for my particular setup: I changed the SATA mode to RAID instead of IDE (even though I was only using a single drive configuration). This way, the RAID BIOS loaded before the mobo tried to boot from the hard drive. I believe the extra time required to load the RAID BIOS helped the mobo to recognize the SATA drive in time to start the boot process. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

If you have a similar option in your BIOS, I'd suggest giving it a try.

Yea I have done some searching myself. I will give your suggestion a try and see what happens. It is just an anoyance!

Back