• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Asrock Conroe945G-DVI system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wurbs

Registered
Ive been looking into upgrading both PC's here, but i have to budget abit due to the expense.
Ive been reading alot about the Gigabyte Ds3 with E6300 allendale, some people have had problems and some havent due to dodgy memory and bios settings.
This has led me to look at other alternatives and ive found this board that a few friends have mentioned.

The components im going to be looking at are basically this:

Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Allendale" 1.86GHz (1066FSB) - OEM (CP-135-IN)
Asrock Conroe945G-DVI (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-004-AK)
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 667MHz Value DDR2 Dual Channel Kit (GX22GB5300DC) (MY-034-GL)
Zalman CNPS9500-AT Aero Flower (Socket 775) CPU Cooler (HS-020-ZA)

They are the main things i will stick here for now, but will be getting 7600gt's as well as new cases sataii drivers and dvd rw
What i want to know is how well this system would perform regarding all round performance and overclocking if i decide to down that route.
Im kind of stuck what to do really, i dont want to go over budget as such, but dont want to really limit myself on performance as ive said.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve

honestly how much you have to spend for the mobo/cpu/ram? we might be able to point out better options and have it fit into your budget.

Back