• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing a SE7230NH1LX server board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pclausen

Registered
So I picked up this board from Egg along with a D805 and a pair of OCZ PC2 6400 sticks. I go this board since I needed a PCI-X 64-bit slot to run my Areca 1160 raid controller.

Unlike my Asus boards, there doesn't seem to be any way to OC this mobo. It just reads the settings from the 805 and that's all she wrote, 533 FSB bus and all. It's a real shame since the board supports 1066 FSB natively with the right CPU.

So my question is, are there any work arounds to get this thing up to at least 800 FSB with the 805? Another BIOS perhaps? Or a couple of pins to short out on the 755 socket to fool it into thinking that I got a 820 or something?

Damn, how did I miss that board! Error rectified, Egg is swapping my 7230 for the Asus badboy! :beer:

That thing has 5V PCI slots, so I can continue running my M-Audio 2496 rather than looking for a replacement. That alone makes up for the cost difference!

I really need to start doing my homework before impulsing on Egg...

Back