• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 and OCZ Platinum EL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

day1yun

I've read about some people not being able to post with the OCZ Platinum EL ram at all. Does that mean everything powers up but nothing comes up on the screen and there are no beeps either? I'm just trying to determine if I need to go out and buy a temporary stick of 1.8v ram or if theres another problem.

I've also noticed that the case fans and the fan on my TT Big Typhoon takes a few seconds after powering up to start spinning, and sometimes it doesn't start spinning at alll. Is that normal when I have ram issues? The fan on my video card powers up though.

I got the 2x1gb ocz platinum el to boot with dual channel however it onlys works at 2.3v. Any ideas as to why that is?

bought both ocz gold xtc and platinum xtc
they simply dont work with the current bios~~
try f4c or f4e ~~ i am r unning f4~~ dont work at all
wont boot~

the mobo came with the f3 bios but I flashed it to the f4e bios, same problems.

I'm currently able to run OCZ Gold XTC in my DS3 with the F4 BIOS. I've tested it up to 500 MHz with the VDIMM at 2.3V. Dunno about Platinum EL though.

I have the plats and needed to get some 1.8 to boot the first time. Black screen, no beeps. Just doesn't ever post.

Running them now at +.4

Back