• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Vcore undervolt - Anybody verified SW readings with Meter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamjcl

Just wondering if anybody has actually found a Vcore measurement point, and if so, if the SW Vcore readings (speedfan, Aibooster, etc...) are accurate. When set in BIOS at 1.55v, I am getting SW reading of about 1.5 idle, with almost no droop under load, fwiw.

I remember several members testing this on the P5WD2-E board and finding SW and actual Vcore readings to be spot-on.

Thanks.

SW voltage readings are never accurate. Unless someone can point out a cap or resistor your probably stuck using a meter on the power supplies harness.

The PSU doesn't supply Vcore - the Vreg circuits on the MB produce the vcore - the measurement point could only be on the MB.

As in OP, the SW measurment CAN be accurate (as pointed out), but you're right - often times it isn't - thats why I want to know in this case.

I understand that the power supply wont give you VCore readings. Maybe I should have elaberated a bit more to say if the power supply is providing proper levels then your most likely good to go. But, as you say, having a measurement point is the only way to be sure of what the VCore actually is. So, anyone have any ideas? I'd like to check mine on the board also...

I was doing some prodding with me multi-meter last night. MCH voltage was 1.625 actual when set at 1.65v in bios. If I was reading the correct MOSFET for vcore, it was reading 1.39v when set to 1.385 in bios.

RangerXLT8 said:
I was doing some prodding with me multi-meter last night. MCH voltage was 1.625 actual when set at 1.65v in bios. If I was reading the correct MOSFET for vcore, it was reading 1.39v when set to 1.385 in bios.

Well thats bad news on the Vcore then - board actually does not undervolt, but (very slightly) OVERvolts. Not good since many are having to run 1.55v in bios (which we thought was only about 1.51v actual) to get decent speed out of many 6600 or 6700 cpus.

What MOSFET did you measure, and does anybody know if this is the proper spot to measure it ?

Back